I. Introduction to Huskies [History of Development]
I. Introduction to Huskies
The Siberian Sled Dog is a breed of dog bred by the nomadic Inutchokji of Eastern Siberia that has been pulling sleds, guiding reindeer, and guarding. And, working in the harsh environment of Siberia. For centuries, the Siberian sled dog has been for centuries. early 20th century, fur traders brought to the United States. In a flash, the dog became a world-famous champion sled pulling race dog. Today, this dog is loved as a great companion dog.
In the recorded history of the Siberian Sled Dog, the ancestry of the Siberian Sled Dog can be traced back to the Neolithic era. At that time, a group of Central Asian hunters moved to the end of the polar region i.e. Siberia. Over a long period of time, this group of dogs that followed the hunters developed into a unique northern breed through the mating and breeding of Arctic wolves.
Among the group of people who crossed the Arctic Circle and eventually chose to settle in Greenland was the Chukchi, a tribe that later developed the Siberian sled dogs. Early on, the Chukchi trained the dogs that followed them to be working dogs that could be used to pull sleds and guard livestock because they were hardy, had little food, and worked hard. Therefore, it was also considered to be a very important asset for the tribe. The dog that was earlier known as the Siberian Chukchi was later the ancestor of the Husky. It is said that the name Husky was originally a miscommunication of the slang raspy bark of the Eskimos. The dog had this wonderful title because of the low, raspy bark at the time.
Alaskan Americans became aware of this sled dog in the early 18th century. in 1909, the Siberian sled dog first appeared in the Alaska race. in January 1925, the remote Alaskan town of nome diphtheria was popular. Since the nearest serum town was well over 955 miles away, it was decided to use a husky sled team instead of transporting the serum for diphtheria in order to get it back quickly. Based on normal shipping speeds, the 657-mile distance would have taken 25 days. Due to the rapid spread of the disease, the sled team decided to transport it by relay, and the sled team completed the task in only 5 1/2 days, saving countless lives. The Siberian sled dog was officially recognized as an American dog breeder in 1930.
I. Introduction to Huskies [Basic Information] [Main Qualification]
Personality:Friendly and gentle, arrogant and indifferent to strangers, but not suitable as a guard dog; energetic, intelligent and active, a working dog who loves to work.
Care: Their rich coats make them better suited to cold weather, and care must be taken to cool them down in hot weather or they are likely to suffer heatstroke.
Region: high demand for sports, not for city life.
Health: progressive retinal detachment and other eye diseases, hip dysplasia, skin and thyroid problems.
He is a medium sized dog that is banned from urban registration in most cities in China. His energy and strength are better suited for young owners who enjoy exercise. Although he would make a lovely family pet, he is difficult to train and needs confident and experienced owners.
All dogs should not be left alone for long periods of time. Huskies need more companionship and exercise or they can become destructive. Because of their love of wandering, they tend to get lost and can only move freely in enclosed spaces. If you like to have an equal relationship with your dog and don’t mind that he is not attached and obedient enough, huskies are your choice. Dogs are heat intolerant animals, especially huskies that come from the ice. In a hot city, husky owners should turn on the air conditioning to create the right temperature for him in the summer.
II. Grooming chapter hair quality analysis, grooming techniques
II. Beauty chapter
Huskies are known for their resilience. In cold Siberia, they need to adapt to temperature differences of tens of degrees between day and night.
A qualified Husky must have a unique coat to withstand harsh conditions. The husky’s coat has 2 layers, the outer coat and the fleece, where the outer coat is divided into 2 sections, usually seen as dark and shiny at the top and coarse and relatively light at the lower end. The shiny hair at the top is called the silver tip and is used to resist UV rays and the heat of the hot sun: the strong roots of the hair grow on the skin, so Husky hair is usually relatively immune to hair loss. The ratio of the husky’s inner hair to outer hair is typically 8:1. these abundant inner hairs secrete a water-resistant oil, and it is this oil that is just the right layer of very scientific insulation against the heat and cold of the outside world.
It is because of this protective coat that huskies are able to adapt to all climates. Try to keep your husky living in a dry environment and try to blow dry with a duct after bathing. Hair and skin are too important for huskies. If the husky is caused by a skin disease, the husky will endure the pain of the heat and the direct UV light will even cause him to develop skin cancer. With your careful care, huskies can be the healthiest, gentlest, most beautiful babies as house pets, whether they are from Guangdong or the Northeast.
One thing to keep in mind when showering is that because of the thicker undercoat, it can be difficult to get deep into the surface of the skin without careful washing. A thorough blowing procedure with a high-powered hair dryer is recommended to ensure that every hair is dry.
Pre-race trimming should be completed at least three days in advance so that the hair is in its natural state after trimming. The entire trimming process should be centered on the breed standard, which states:>
1. Allow trimming of the beard and hair between the toes to keep it clean.
2. The beard should be cut as straight as possible, and the hair between the toes should be combed with a pin or row comb against the hair, and then the feet trimmed to an oval shape with dental scissors.
3. Final finishing before the race is also important. Brush the hair upwards at the neck and spray some styling water appropriately to make the whole neck look stronger and more powerful. The limbs can be coated with some white powder to accentuate sufficient bone mass. Without going against nature, you can also apply a subtle trim to your dog’s flaws.
Three, the character Xiaoha advantage
III. Character Chapter
1. Beauty’s greatest strength is its beautiful and cool appearance. Almost everyone who has seen the young Ha will love it from the bottom of their hearts. Perhaps this shows the human psychology of capturing wolves. Haha, who said Xiaoha is too much like a wolf?
2. Meek and friendly, Haha is very docile and hardly ever actively attacks humans. For the current status of dogs in China, a docile and friendly Haha can give you and your dog an edge in your surroundings and be more accepted.
3. Lively and active. Little Ha loves to play. He can play tirelessly with you for hours. In most cases, you get tired of spitting your tongue out and there is more to it. The happiness this brings cannot be described in words.
4. The enthusiasm of the little ha is unparalleled, spending long hours at super speed, bumping into your feet and then licking your saliva.
5. Rarely barking, the little Ha rarely barks, only in certain special circumstances, the wolf howls, although it sounds a bit creepy at night, but it suits his wolf appearance, and perhaps many people think it is the nature of the little Ha too. For the most part, Little Ha makes little to no sound and thinks he has a mute dog.
6. Feed less. Compared to dogs of the same size, the little Ha is eating 2/3 or even 1/2 of what they eat, which really saves on rations.
7. It’s easy to keep clean. Sometimes your little ha may not have had a bath for a month, but daily grooming will keep the ha’s hair from sticking to the dust and looking as clean as ever.
8. More receptive to other dogs. Ha is a pack working dog and living in groups with other dogs, they are less likely to be jealous and accept new partners in a shorter time.
Three, character Xiaoha disadvantages
[Little Ha Cons]
1. Nervous: The little ha is a bit nervous, especially the female. Always inexplicably doing things that break you down, like walking down the road and suddenly chewing grass and starting to run, running around the house and then starting to turn around, etc. You have to be fully prepared to think it’s normal.
2. The complete destroyer: anything in the house is carefully inspected n times to study the hardness of the items you buy. This seriousness, for one of my friends, is buying a washbasin every day. It tests not only your purchasing power, but also your financial ability.
3. Extremely free-spirited:As soon as you go out, the little ha escapes you as if you had abused it for n long time, and the probability of recalling it is generally below 30%. I remember a friend analyzed with me, saying that the four-legged small ha, always feel that the two-legged parents can catch up. …… Anyway, it is recommended that all users who have a small ha to slip away. Do not loose the rope without fully grasping it does not run. It’s a dream to think of a little ha that is as long as a wolf and can follow him around obediently instead of running around.
4. Special stomach: Xiaoha is too prone to diarrhea, diarrhea after drinking too much water after meals, diarrhea after eating too much oil, diarrhea after getting used to dog food and suddenly eating steamed buns, anyway, it is easy to have diarrhea.
5. Energetic: He always wants to play, to run, to jump, to torment you tired of wanting to jump, he takes the ball and gives you saliva. Even before you wake up and open your eyes, jumping on the bed to play with you.
6. Extremely enthusiastic; Koha is as enthusiastic about you as anyone else. Maybe it’s crazier to be passionate about others than it is about you.
7. Ignore your presence:When you go outside, no matter how much you shout, it will skulk around on its own. Ignoring you is ignoring you anyway.
8. You can’t protect your owner and family: this guy’s enemies make no difference. If you think it can protect you and help you watch the house, no door …… may be P upside down to accompany the thieves to steal things. 6
Huskies have a relatively unique gastrointestinal function and relatively high protein and fat requirements, so it is recommended that puppy food be fed until after 18 months of age. You can usually supplement with some fish, beef, or lamb to promote development and have a higher calcium requirement. Huskies need calcium tablets or calcium powder several times a week. For dog food brands, because the gastrointestinal function of huskies varies greatly, it is best to watch the dog and try to find some high quality dog food with high protein and fat content. If not, you can add some chicken, lamb, beef, pork or sea fish to the dog food to get some protein.
[General knowledge of puppy feeding]
1. Don’t give husky puppies the opportunity to swallow chicken bones, ribs, or fish bones because they can stay in the throat and break. If they don’t stay in the throat, they can slip inside and puncture the stomach lining and intestines. p
2. Don’t let your puppy eat people’s leftovers, because puppies have different nutritional needs than humans. If you regulate your dog’s food with human recipes, not only is it time-consuming and laborious, but it is also difficult for the dog to get a completely balanced nutrition, which should be based on dog food. The feed is made by scientific method, tasty, nutritious, easy to digest and absorb, and easy to use. According to statistics, dogs that eat dog food for a long time are more than one-third longer than dogs that do not eat dog food. In addition, body odor, smell and excrement odor will be much less, which is good news for dogs living in apartments.
3. Don’t give your puppy a snack between each meal. If he obeys the rest of the training, he can give him a little snack to show his encouragement.
[Husky puppy diet considerations]
Husky puppies develop quickly during their growth period, so special attention needs to be paid when feeding them:>
1. Puppies are not the same as adult dogs. When you first get a puppy home, make sure you mix the feed carefully. In terms of nutrition, animal protein, calcium, vitamin D and other nutrients are very important because the average puppy between 6 months and 1 year old has twice the calorie requirement per kilogram as an adult dog. Therefore, it is best to match the right nutritional feed as the dog grows, or simply buy a manufacturer’s dog feed that is designed for balanced nutrition and the dog owner does not have to worry about matching the feed.
2. Puppies need to master the principle of eating less and more because they have small stomachs. In the early stages of weaning, you should feed your puppy four times a day or more. At about six months, they should be fed three times a day. As they get older, they should be fed twice a day. You should be able to get a good portion of each feeding and not let your puppy eat too much.
3. Try not to feed your dog something that is eaten by people. Dogs are very easy to wolf down their food. Dogs are used to eating something that people eat and will depend on what people eat. Because the nutritional requirements in what people eat are different from those of puppies, it can lead to unbalanced absorption of nutrients and affect the development of the puppy.
4. Another thing to keep in mind is not to feed your puppy milk or other dairy products, such as ice cream. If a puppy eats too much milk or dairy products at one time, it can cause diarrhea and other gastrointestinal disorders. If a dog is born soon lacking in milk, it should be fed dog-specific milk that is heated to near body temperature. 7
V. Training Part 1
V. Training chapter
1. At 3 months old, husky dogs can be trained in some basic subjects, such as sit, shake hands, lie down, and come over. However, because Haha is still a child, owners need to be patient and review and reinforce.
2. Second, Ha-Ha’s IQ is really not low. Some official rankings say that haha’s don’t have a high IQ. I think this refers more to their lack of obedience than their lack of understanding In my pet store, only huskies can open and close their cages easily, and only huskies can tumble out of the fence, no matter how high the fence is.
3. Some dogs are sensitive to things and some are interested in toys. Before training the dog, find the dog’s excitement and then target it. For example, dogs are very sensitive to the stimulation of food, so in future training, the owner can use food as a stimulus. When feeding, feed 80% of the dog food and the other 20% as a training bait. First let him notice the food in your hand, then call his name and he comes over to give him the food. Soon, he will listen to you. When this stimulus is mature, no food is needed and touch can be used. However, if done right, either food or touch must be rewarded.
4. Biting: For three months old, it’s time to change teeth and Haha is curious about many things. It’s normal to bite things. When he finds himself biting something, he yells NO and when it stops, it rewards him. But this should be done slowly, because if he doesn’t bite this, he might bite that. However, at this point, it can be assisted with no-zone spray.
V. Training Part II
title=”Chocolate hurts too much Pick the best food for your dog”
5. Potty problems At 3 months old, it is time for Haha to be trained to urinate at regular intervals. On weekends or holidays, when you have time, you can do some conscious training. For example, first dip a newspaper in your dog’s urine and then lay a new newspaper next to this dirty one. Having your own smell will make it easier to defecate on the newspaper. If you get it right, don’t forget to reward. After this stimulus has matured, the newspaper will slowly move to your ideal location: the balcony or bathroom. But don’t be in a hurry to make it easier for your dog to find the newspaper. If the original location is too far from the new location, then the dog has not had time to get to the new location, then NNBB. In addition, in the early stages of training, clean up the used newspaper in time, because the dog will not use the dirty place again. If the owner is patient and sticks to the training, it should take 7-10 days. So, don’t be impatient.
6. Biting:I don’t know what kind of sign biting is for a dog, but actually many dogs have this problem. At this point, I think, first of all, when the owner is bitten by the dog, don’t pull your hand back because if he pulls too fast, he will cut himself. When the dog bites you, push your hand into the dog’s mouth while making a code vomit, the dog will open his mouth because of the pressure, then pull out your hand and give the dog a reward. Over time, the dog will not bite you.
7. As for people who are too close, I personally think it’s because you spend so little time with your dog. The husky is aloof on the outside but fanatical on the inside. He also needs his owner to play with him. Even if he doesn’t play with him, he will lay at your feet and make her feel grounded and safe.
8. Huskies are speed rather than strength in sled racing, so usually the most important thing in sports training is speed. Running and jogging several times a day is very essential for star dogs, and stretching the husky’s body as much as possible with the help of understanding in the front and hind limbs throughout the exercise process, more than 3 times a day for 20 to 30 minutes each time. It is recommended that pet dogs exercise once or twice a day for about half an hour each time.
The Husky is a very special breed of dog. You must fully understand its personality before breeding it – it is independent and silent, often wandering alone and requiring strict care; it is subtle and deep. Although he does not wag his head and tail as often as other breeds, he may express his attachment with his life once he is away from his owner. If you decide to become a Husky owner, it means a lifetime commitment. The right fit is the best, and only in the right home will its traits become an advantage and bring joy to the family.