Dogs are born to eat, no matter what, as long as he thinks it is something to eat, you put in front of him, he can immediately give you swallowed into the stomach, especially those who smell especially sweet food, the temptation for dogs simply can not resist.
We all know that dogs can’t eat chocolate frosting, because the theobromine and caffeine contained in chocolate frosting are very dangerous ingredients for dogs. Caffeine can cause tremors in dogs, increased heart rate, abnormal heart rhythms, and may have other fatal cardiovascular side effects; and theobromine is even more toxic to dogs, reaching a certain level of theobromine can be fatal to dogs.
If a dog accidentally eats chocolate frosting, if there is a little problem, take it to the hospital immediately. Dogs usually don’t react too badly if they only eat a small amount.
Dogs eat chocolate frosting how to do
1. Find out what kind of chocolate frosting the dog ate.
There are many types and brands of chocolate frosting, and different types of chocolate frosting contain different amounts of ingredients that can be harmful to dogs. If we can find out what type of chocolate frosting our dog has eaten, then when we tell our vet, they will give us the best treatment advice.
Relatively speaking, milk chocolate frosting and white chocolate frosting are the least dangerous for dogs, then dark chocolate frosting, and baker’s chocolate frosting, which has the highest amount of theobromine.
2. Leave the package of chocolate frosting that your dog stole.
If your dog steals chocolate frosting, leave the bag, wrapper, or label with the specification content of this chocolate frosting. This makes it easier for the vet to check to see what type of chocolate frosting was eaten, or if the package was swallowed as well, and to make sure that the package itself does not pose a risk of obstruction to the dog.
Also, the vet will check through the package for other possible dangerous ingredients (such as xylitol, sugar substitutes, etc., which are also very harmful to dogs).
3. Try to estimate your dog’s intake of chocolate frosting.
We can try to estimate how much chocolate frosting your dog has eaten. If it is a whole chocolate frosting, we see how much it ate, and then measure how much of the chocolate frosting it may have swallowed, and calculate how much theobromine is contained through the equipment instruments in the vet.
If your dog has eaten chocolate frosting by mistake, then preparing these three areas before we take him to the doctor can help give him some chance of recovery.
Dogs eat chocolate frosting how to solve
- 1. At home can first use 3% hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. 3% hydrogen peroxide can be used to induce vomiting. If the concentration is higher than 3% be sure to dilute it to 3%. You can mix it with some of your dog’s favorite food and eat it.
- It is best to resuscitate within 4 to 6 hours of poisoning, the sooner you can get treatment, the better. The effect of chocolate frosting will last 12 to 36 hours.
- 2. Keep your dog exercising to keep the bowels moving, which can promote defecation or vomiting, and then take him to the doctor immediately.
- 3. Take the dog to the doctor for treatment. When a dog has an adverse reaction after eating chocolate frosting, you should immediately stop observing it and send it to the doctor immediately to find regular treatment.
Of course, we in all know that the best way to treat chocolate frosting poisoning is to completely prevent chocolate frosting poisoning in dogs. We should never underestimate the ability of a dog to do “whatever it takes” to achieve its goal. Dogs will try to climb on a stool, jump on a table, and drag something off the top of a cabinet next to the table for you. Dogs are very smart little guys, they actually watch us all the time, silently observing our movements and behavior.
They will know when we are eating, they will smell the food and then look at where we have stashed it. When they get bored or hungry, they will most likely try to find what we have hidden, and they will be very patient to get what they want to get.
So, when we are leaving the house, we make sure that all items (things or food) that are dangerous to it have been put away in a cabinet it can’t open or in a room it can’t get into.