Dogs in the home are basically meant to be pets, but every owner wants their dog to obey commands, follow orders, and complete actions on command just like a professional working dog. Therefore, it is necessary to train your pet dog in some way. However, training a dog should be done gradually rather than rushing forward. The following small series will explain the basic training methods for dogs:
Dog training methods
1. A person should be designated to conduct the training. If all family members participate in training the dog, inconsistent commands and methods can easily lead to confusion in the dog’s response and make the training meaningless.
2. In the early stages of training, do not beat and scold the dog for being unresponsive or for refusing to train. Doing so is likely to create a conditioned reflex associated with training and beating that will cause the dog to be resistant to training and affect the effectiveness of the training. Another thing to do is to be patient and not give up halfway.
3. Don’t expect all dogs to be geniuses who don’t need to learn. Many actions can only be habit-forming through repeated training. Therefore, dog training should be consistent, and each command and action should be repeated until the dog learns to do it right and learns to move on to the next one, one after the other.
Fourth, be careful not to start training for too long. Long dogs get bored easily. It is best not to exceed 15 minutes at a time. As the training progresses, the training time gradually increases.
5. In training, some rewarding behaviors should be combined in a timely manner. When the dog does the correct action, praise, touch or reward should be given in time to make the dog gradually interested in training and improve the training progress.
Dogs are like little kids who don’t know any better, which is why they need to be trained. The first thing you need to do is to be patient with your dog.
Dog training methods
You first need to make the dog remember that you called him.
Calling your dog’s name before feeding requires it to be loud, compact, and distinct, not to sound good, but to be remembered. The dog will come running because of the attraction of the food, but over time, he will remember his name.
Let the dog sit in front of you
The method is to gently press on the dog’s rear crotch, and then the dog will obediently sit. Then give him a treat. The dog will see the food as encouragement to remember your command after it has completed all of its commands. If you let your dog sit and eat, he will keep this habit as an adult.
Once a dog learns to sit, it can be trained to lie on its back.
The standard command for a dog to get down is to gently tap the floor in front of the dog with your hand when the verbal command “down” is given. Of course, you can also stomp the floor with your heel. This is very personal, but may be laughed at by dog experts.
Well-trained dogs are like this. They respond most appropriately to universal commands and stay in contact with their owners. If your dog doesn’t want to lie down, you should help him do it. Grab the dog’s front legs, stretch them forward, and gently press his body to the ground. When the dog finally lies down, praise him by touching the top of his head and repeat this to reinforce the dog’s impression until he remembers.
The best aid for training a dog is food. Food rewards are motivating and essential for dog training. However, owners should control the weight, not too much, and preferably a special dog food for dogs to avoid using human food as a reward.
Dog training methods
Let the dog crouch in place
1. First, have your dog sit on the floor on your command. This position is good for your dog’s concentration and therefore for whatever training you are about to do.
2. Then you gesture and language it: don’t move here, and then you leave your dog a short distance away, and you just want to see if the dog can stay still while you’re gone. If the dog really doesn’t move from its original position, you go back and encourage it by giving it some treats, stroking its neck and shoulders, and letting the dog see your expression of appreciation.
3. You know, dogs don’t understand what you say, no matter how smart they are. If you sometimes think a dog is good at being “understanding,” it’s only because he remembers the way you praised him. Instead, if you find that your dog is following you after you leave, you should immediately go back and repeat the training, using your expression and body language to tell your dog that the owner was just upset.
4. Only then will the dog understand what you really mean by wanting him not to move around. In the future, you can gradually extend the time and distance away and the dog will gradually get used to waiting for you to finish the job.
It is important to train your dog slowly, step by step, and do the basics first before doing this training, otherwise your dog will feel overwhelmed.
Dog owners should know that basic and advanced training are essential skills for dogs and are the foundation for all kinds of future training that owners don’t think their dogs can pass and must be kept in mind.
Dog training methods
[The dog is well trained]
1 The dog can obediently and accurately listen to your every command. These codes include at least “sit”, “down”, “stand still”, “sit still”, “come here”, “go play by yourself”, etc.
2 Dogs should show plenty of patience and friendliness with your guests and strangers, excluding intruders, of course. When you are talking to someone, the dog should sit quietly at your feet or lie at your feet until the conversation is over. Not walk impatiently or even try to pull you away. When you meet a stranger, the dog should not appear anxious and should be willing to accept the stranger’s scooter when pointed out by the owner.
3 When you encounter other dogs, your dog should be able to be friendly and calm with them, rather than showing a strong desire for aggression or fear, as some dogs do.
4 When taking your dog out on the street, a well-trained dog walking through crowds and streets should be as calm as if he were in your garden or downstairs, always politely curious about his surroundings.
5 Your dog should not overreact to unexpected events around him. He can show curiosity and a desire to explore; but he should not appear nervous, scared, or conditioned to attack.
A well-trained dog should have the above characteristics, but don’t get frustrated if you find that your home trained dog doesn’t meet the above requirements for a long time, every dog is different, always a little different, don’t be jealous of other people’s dogs, take good care and train your own dog. Photo Tribe