1. Size and habits of the Caucasian
1. The size and habits of the Caucasian
The Caucasian is a strong, powerful, athletic dog with well-developed muscles and well-proportioned bones. The body length is slightly longer than the shoulder height. It has a huge wedge head that tapers from the head to the end of the muzzle, with blunt ends. It has high hanging ears, which are sometimes cut off. Its eyes are deep-set and almond-shaped. The black nose is bulging, with wide nostrils and thick hair. The strong forelimbs are straight and long, with hairs between the big toes that serve to isolate and protect them. Strong paws allow them to stand on uneven ground, with hips slightly above the back and a thick tail pointing toward the neck. When they are excited or in motion, they curl or roll up into a sickle shape.
Caucasian height range:64-90cm. Weight range:45-100kg. Adult dogs have a minimum shoulder height of over 251/2 inches for males and 241/2 for females. over 271/4 for males or 251/2 for females. weight must be proportional to height, which will allow the dog to balance a magnificent appearance.
The Caucasian is a valiant, intelligent, and determined guard dog that is docile and obedient to its owner. Natural defensive reactions and territoriality will make it suspicious of strangers or other dogs. The temperament is stable and even placid. But they are fierce, fast and light-hearted when it comes to protecting their livestock, family and property. Caucasian Mountain Dogs are keenly perceptive, so they are very alert and adept at searching. Any slight change in the environment can be exchanged for their growling and barking, especially at night. This dog is slow to mature and stubborn. Good social training and patient skill training will reduce the Caucasian’s suspicion and aggression toward strangers or dogs and enhance the Caucasian adult’s judgment. The Caucasian can tolerate difficult situations and adapt to a wide range of climates.
2. The size and living habits of Tibetan mastiff
2, the size of Tibetan mastiff and living habits
Large dogs have a thick and well-proportioned body structure, well-developed and powerful muscles, moderate head and tail balance, agile and athletic movements, calm and confident, fast and enduring endurance. The shoulders are flat and the backbone is well muscled. The front legs are straight and thick, gently tilting inward when upright. Thick, straight and broad back, well muscled, slightly squat overall. The chest drops below the elbow. The length of the trunk is slightly greater than the height. Male mastiff minimum 65cm, female mastiff minimum 55cm. normal weight about 50 ~ 60 kg, female mastiff about 40 ~ 50 kg. Height is greater than shoulder height.
Autonomy is strong, full of territorial awareness, loyal to the master, strangers are not easy to approach, solitary fierce, encounter anything is very calm, is one of the most favorite breeds of dogs. Tibetan mastiff is like meat and fishy food omnivores, cold, intolerant of high temperatures; hearing, smell, sense of touch developed, vision, taste is poor; comprehension, understanding, loyal to the master, strong memory; brave and good fight, protective, still wild, aggressive to strangers.
Tibetan mastiff fierce, but loyal to the master, collar powerful territory, powerful, expensive, considerate, of course, now most of the bloodline of Tibetan mastiff is not pure, these dogs, a little nervous, in Tibetan mastiff in heat, due to the role of androgens, Tibetan mastiff temperament will not be called irritable.
Disadvantages of the lion-shaped Tibetan mastiff:As seen in more than 80% of the population of the lion-shaped Tibetan mastiff, the head of the lion-shaped Tibetan mastiff is smaller than the tiger-headed mastiff, the mouth is long and thin, generally small, mostly pointed, sensitive brain nerves, easily agitated, easy to bark. After shedding in summer, the dogs can cause excessive image differences and can have environmental health problems due to shedding.
Disadvantages of the Tiger Mastiff: The dog’s head does not look as good as the Lion Mastiff due to the lack of hair on the head and the short mane. Some fractional dogs hesitate or are not good at active aggression because their temperament is too stable and intelligent.
III. Training of Caucasian and Tibetan Mastiff
title=”[Husky character] Seven traits of Husky character expression”
Three, the Caucasian and Tibetan mastiff training
1. The first step in training: regular feedings, thunder and no movement. In between feedings, delicious just for training, caresses can only come from family members.
2. Only one family member should be home to train the dog outdoors.
3. A trainer should not be a forgiving person. He’s a fun playmate for puppies, but he’s strict with adult dogs.
4. Sometimes punishment is necessary for your puppy, but a stern voice at the moment he makes a mistake is usually enough. Punishing beyond the time limit can be harmful to your puppy because he doesn’t know why he is being punished.
5. Don’t tease your puppy, it will cause him pain. Strangers are not allowed to touch your puppy.
6. Don’t let your puppy face people outdoors; a combative nature will naturally emerge with age. Encourage him when he barks at strangers alone in your yard or house. In the street, your puppy should not be too aggressive and can be distracted with toys, objects, and forbidden commands.
7. Start by teaching your puppy to call his name when he is fed. Calling its name is very essential. Also, come to me and reward the puppy for its proximity by giving it a tasty treat after calling it. Puppy’s name is equivalent to attention!” Two words. Any command or behavioral instruction should follow after the name. Do not change the name at will, even if it is some slight change. Don’t call names often or with little purpose. Command come to me not in a threatening tone, this command should be full of tenderness to the puppy. If the puppy does not obey, first distract, then get attention, and then repeat your command in a clearer tone. Reinforce that after successful execution, caress and reward your puppy.
From then on, your call to him is stronger than any temptation on the street, and it is essential that the come to me command is carried out reliably in the puppy. Be aware of the dog’s personality traits and there should be a food reward every time the dog completes a command, even if it’s just a small piece of bread or something. A gentle puppy you can scratch behind the ears to show encouragement, a naughty dog you can play games or other entertainment to reward him.